Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Kitchen Flooring

Well, I cleaned my kitchen, so I thought I'd take some pictures to document the rarity. I wish I was kidding...
 
My favorite hubby got the new flooring put in. I. LOVE. IT. It's from Lowe's and I'm 99% sure it's called Harvest Chestnut. It's a laminate, but it has several colors and details to resemble an older hardwood. Which translates to, it helps hide the dirt! And, since the cleaning has already been documented as rare, this is a must.
 
 
Isn't it purdy?? Sigh...
 
 
 
Since we replaced the white linoleum with a darker color, it did close in the space a little more, but there is a lot of natural light in there, so it's all good.
 
 
 
I'm thinking that I eventually want to add an island with some bar stools. This would give me some more counter space to prep things and then we could take out the table and chairs. I have plans for hubby to build me a farmhouse table to go in the dining room/piano room. So many plans, so little time.
 
 
All signs are from Down Grace Lane. Link in sidebar.
 
 
 
I had been wanting one of these scales FOREVER and Décor Steals finally had one as the deal of the day.
 
 
My latest yard sale purchase: $0.50 rolling pins. The lady asked what I was going to do with them thinking I had something crafty planned. Hubs told her, "Beat me with them." HA! We'll see how the farmhouse table persuasion goes and I'll let you know if his fortune came true. I kid, I kid! That dude is awesome!
 
And, for those who like to see the progress pictures:
 
Move-in day
 
 
Painted cabinets
 
 
New lights above sink
 
 
Now
 
Love it!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what a transformation! You guys really have a knack for remodeling. New floors look amazing and I'm totally loving that new sign! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to paint my kitchen cabinets for awhile now. I must take the plunge!! The floor looks awesome. I can't wait to see the island and bar stools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return.
    Garage flooring Bradenton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I just want to let you know that somehow I found your blog through Pinterest about an hour ago and I haven't stopped scrolling through posts yet! You have such a knack for decorating. I am a pastor's wife, too, so we share that in common.. although it seems as though your husband is much more fond of your home projects than mine. ;) I am really enjoying seeing the transformation of your little parsonage. Love from Kansas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I just want to let you know that somehow I found your blog through Pinterest about an hour ago and I haven't stopped scrolling through posts yet! You have such a knack for decorating. I am a pastor's wife, too, so we share that in common.. although it seems as though your husband is much more fond of your home projects than mine. ;) I am really enjoying seeing the transformation of your little parsonage. Love from Kansas!

    ReplyDelete