Saturday, August 27, 2016

Fresh Neutral Mantel

I keep waffling back and forth. For summer, I toss some bright colors here and there in my living room, some fun coral pillows, some turquoise touches... and I love it for a while. But I always start craving my neutrals before too long. I'm excited to get my soft and calming neutrals back for fall. 
Seriously, who doesn't love Magnolia Market. I drool over everything in their online store. I'm trying to figure out a way to just buy one of everything they have without my hubby knowing about it... Ha, not really, but wouldn't it be awesome?! A local furniture store carries the Magnolia Home furniture line, and I just couldn't resist getting one of these Cathedral Windows frames. It was exactly what my mantel needed.

 I also LOVE the vintage inspired corbels from Magnolia Market, but I decided to go a bit cheaper and DIY some for myself. I got a couple of cheap unfinished corbels from Home Depot, gave them a quick chalk paint and distress treatment, and voila - cute little corbels for under 15 bucks. They aren't quite as gorgeous as Joanna's but they'll pass if you use your imagination. And squint a little.... ;) 

1 comment: