Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Fireplace, Flooring, & Fall

We've been working on some projects around here...you know, the "company is coming, so let's see how many we can attempt in a week" kind of projects? Surely we're not the only ones who do this.
 
I shared the kitchen flooring earlier, but we actually put the same flooring down in the piano/dining room, living room, and hallway. I love it!!!
 
 
I, also, wasn't happy with how the fireplace turned out before. It was too bright, but I thought it was going to be a big job to fix. I saw a tutorial on IG on how to paint a faux brick and it got my wheels to spinning. I dabbed a small tiny amount of light gray paint on a paint brush and then sporadically painted the brick. As soon as I painted, I took a wet wash cloth and wiped it off. It looks soooooo much better. It gives it a little more dimension.
 
 
As you can see in the picture, we re-tiled around the fireplace, too. The red tile stuck out like a sore thumb with all the changes. Once I get my new light hung in the living room, I think it's done...for awhile. HAHA!!!
 
While I had a big mess on my hands pulling everything from one room to another, I decided I might as well go ahead and decorate for fall. I'm not totally loving how it turned out, but it is what it is for right now. I see pictures on good o' Pinterest, IG, and blogland and get an idea in my mind of what I want. Then I attempt it and it turns out nothing like I had anticipated. LOL!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And, now, it's time for a nap. Pretty sure I need to learn how to spread things out instead of attempting it all at the same time. Eh...what fun is that?!
 
 
 

1 comment: