Tuesday, July 7, 2015

In The Good O' Summertime

Continuing on with the summertime theme, let's take a look at the few things I have around the house. By the way, this is where Brittany and I part ways. Summer is not my favorite season of the year. I'm partial to spring and fall with the scale tipping more towards fall. However, I do love the 4th of July. I know it's already come and gone, but here's how we showed our patriotism.
 I got the anchor last year at Hobby Lobby and their end of the year clearance. Gotta love HL! The boat something-or-other was also from their clearance a few years ago. The flags were free from last year's parade. ;) HA! Hey, it works.
 
 
The sign is actually available in my shop. I have it on sale, so now is the time to grab one. In all serious, I can get a little worried when I think of the direction the good o' USA is headed and this sign was a gentle reminder for me to stay calm and trust God's grace for us and our lives. I am proud to be an American!
Added a little summer to the corner with this yard sale purchase. Isn't it fun?
 
When it comes to yard sales, you have to have patience. Some weeks I don't find anything, but other times I hit the mother-load. And, those weeks are just plain awesome for the adrenaline. It makes you feel all giddy and skippy and smiley and braggy and blessed all at the same time. Only fellow deal seekers are getting me right about now...
 
My bathroom stays summer themed all year round because it has a beach tone to it. I love the color, but have thought about it might be time for a change. However, nothing is grabbing my attention, so it stays for a little while longer.
 
 The boat was from a thrift store.
Décor on the cheap; take some glass candle jars from the Dollar Tree and add some twine around them. Fill with sand and shells. Boom. Done. Easy and cheap.
 

8 comments:

  1. Everything looks awesome, as always 😄 I love your sign, and yes, what a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a new clock in your bathroom. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny,
    Glad you left me a comment on my spa floor in my shower now I have found your cute blog.
    New follower.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping by, Kris, and Welcome!

      Delete
  4. Very fun decor. I too LOVE FALL and 4th of July! Love your sign too! I'll have to take a look at your shop, for that sign would be fun to own and is ENCOURAGING about our Beloved Country!

    Blessings!
    ~Heather~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! And I was reminded of this post today at Hobby Lobby... they had that same anchor, but it was NOT on clearance. :) I love your patriotic decor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that stinks! Do they not realize I gave them a plug? ;P

      Delete