Monday, September 18, 2017

Breakfast Nook Gets a ReFresh

Wow. So, obviously, it's been one doozy of a summer. In June, we packed up the old parsonage, said goodbye to dear friends and family,  and moved from Alabama to south Louisiana. I'm just now starting to catch my breath again. This chick is getting way too old for moving! ;) 


We absolutely love our new home and place of ministry, and have been very busy getting settled in and putting our own touches on the parsonage here. It's always fun to start with a fresh blank canvas, right?! 


 Over the next several posts, I'll share some before and afters and show you guys our progress so far. Because who doesn't love before and after photos? 

This is the breakfast area before:
Simply painting the beadboard a nice fresh white brought the whole space back up to date from the 80's. Paint is just the bombdiggety. We used Sherwin Williams Olympus White on the walls and Bright White on the trim and beadboard. 

And here is the after....
Table - Target.com
Mint Chairs - Walmart.com
Sheer Panels - Ikea
Wall Art - Hobby Lobby


My vintage cabinet is also in this room, and it's a perfect match to the chairs. 

I needed something big to hang on this wall, so I came up with this idea. I had this large Sugar tea towel, so I mounted it on two stained wood pieces, stapled a piece of rope to the back of it, and just like that I had myself a wall hanging. Since I already had the towel, the whole project cost me a whopping $2 for the sticks. (I used yard sign stakes from Walmart at $1 each, and cut off the pointed end.) I love me a cheap project! 




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your move, Brittany. May God bless your ministry richly in Louisiana. I look forward to seeing more of your photos. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is a very late response, but notice the historic cabinet and the 1980s dining room set and chairs, and I had to tell you that these were the real inspiration for the Mint Chairs.

    ReplyDelete