Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Spring Mantel

I found this vintage picture at a yard sale last summer and the cherry blossom tree and farmhouse caught my eye.

It had a bright gold frame and while it wasn't the ugliest thing in the world, I went ahead and spray painted it and then distressed it to pop some of the gold back through.
 
I'd kinda like to do like Mary Poppins did and jump through this painting and spend some time running through the meadows...well, clearly I wouldn't run, but slowly walk and enjoy the spring day.
 
I painted up the Cherry Blossom Lane sign for some added fun.
 
 
One of these days, I'd like to replace this fan. We only use it as a light, so I'm on the hunt this yard sale season for one to redo. I'm so ready for it to begin!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture. I seen some pink IKEA dishes that I like, but I have so much blue and red that I don't think they would go good. I would love to be able to replace the red couches so I could do more with my decor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! It is SO springy - very cheerful and inspiring. I can't wait to see all the goodies you score this yard sale season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel is just beautiful! I love the artwork and the other elements you've added to go along with it. I can totally imagine jumping in there too. :)

    ReplyDelete