Friday, July 17, 2015

A "New" Nightstand Gets a Makeover

We've been using some really rinky dinky telephone stands for nightstands, so when I spotted this beauty in a thrift shop, I was beyond excited. I *may* have jogged up to the cashier to pay for it before anybody else could take it...

 It was in perfect condition, solid wood, 
velvet lined drawers, ooh la la. 
The hubby fell in love with it as is, and about had a come apart when he saw me bringing out the spray paint. But I needed a *white* nightstand. What is it with guys and wood anyway...

I'm super stoked with how it turned out. Love it love it!!!

 That cool hardware is absolute perfection. 
The chalkboard print was purchased from Dear Lillie. I loved it as soon as I first saw it, and just had to order it. This here is one satisfied customer!  The white pitcher is from Ikea, Lamp from Walmart, Shade from Target, white frame from Hobby Lobby.

Happy Friday, Y'all. Have a fabulous weekend!


7 comments:

  1. A great find! And you know I never leave the paint alone, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute night stand and decor. I'm sure my Phillip would have been right there with your man on NOT painting that piece of furniture. ;-)
    I'm with you, I Love that Sweet chalkboard print you have. :-)

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahaha!!! Hubs never understands my need for painting things either. Absolutely love the nightstand!! Great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just because it's wood, doesn't mean it's good! lol! It looks so bright and pretty painted white!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'll have to use that line on him next time 😂

      Delete
  5. Love what you did with the night stand! Any tips or brand favorites for white spray paint? I'd love to give it a try, but nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I've tried 'em all, and I think my favorite is Krylon. For furniture it's always good to spray on a coat of primer first, then finish with the paint you want. The trick to spray painting is to use many light coats. Spray too heavy and it will run, that's not good. And be warned, that first coat will look awful and you'll think you've ruined it, but just keep going, it'll look great once you get it all covered. 😊

    ReplyDelete